Monday, November 12, 2012

Tabata and sweat!

Each and every time I come back to doing a tabata (and I generally only make it part way through one of them) I am astounded at the impact my 3 minutes (in this case) can have.  I drip sweat and my heart races like with NOTHING else that I have ever found.

My tabata is done just running in place.  The 20 second part of each interval is at as high an intensity as I can manage - I give it for all I am worth.  Then 10 seconds of slow jogging in place (and I mean slow).  The key from my reading on a "real" tabata is that it has to be something extremely high intensity for the 20 seconds.  So I don't know how all these other tabata things that are out there work (i.e can you really get very high intensity doing push ups??? Well maybe those other people can but I know that I can not).  So for me I will continue to do it with running in place.  Although I might use something else just as an interval to round things out and get in a bit more work - because I believe intervals are really awesome even when they aren't a tabata.

Today I haven't really done anything except for some housecleaning.  That in itself is a workout if you were ever to see my house ;-p


No comments:

Post a Comment