Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Deep Water Fitness

Deep water aquacize class was fantastic. Where has this been all my life? Why haven't I tried it before? The workout is surprisingly good, it had me feeling the burn in various muscle groups, and it even got me breathing heavy. LOL I can think of other things I would rather be breathing heavy over but I suspect that Jeffrey Dean Morgan isn't going to be in Saskatoon any time soon.

So the workout did highlight once again that my hamstrings are in a weird place. While they are pretty flexible – they are tight as heck, and I don't think they are very strong. So that is definitely something for me to think about.

The great bit is that I can do this a couple times a week at lunch. I had worried about doing a pool based class at lunch time. But it wasn't hard to keep my head out of the water – so I don't need to worry about having to wash my hair afterwards if I don't want to. Which also means I don't need to wear my skull crushing swim cap. Heck I could probably even be fine with wearing my makeup (eye makeup is all I really wear – but with a "runny" non-waterproof mascara). 

** On the RANT side of things – since I said sometimes I would rant on here **

I wish my city would get its act together with the transit system. If I didn't know better I would think someone responsible for planning route changes has been sitting there for the last few years and going – hmmmmm let's see, how can we make the bus service for czing just incrementally worse. Not bad enough that she gives up on the bus completely, but just a smidge worse. Of course the rational side of me doesn't believe that is the case – I am not nearly so important as that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment