Thursday, September 22, 2016

Struggles - And My Plans to Escape Them

The last little while has been a bit of a slog. I have been making some unhealthy food choices – which is okay in moderation, but moderation hasn't really been the description I would use. But in fairness to myself it hasn't been an all-out no holds barred eating and lazing about fest either.

I can blame it on a whole series of things but ultimately it comes down to choice. I have made choices that don't support my desire to get into better shape and to feel better – to put less of a strain on my feet and knees (the knee is top of mind today because it was giving me a lot of grief after a tiny bit of hyperextension got it worked up).

Choices that I feel would better support my goal:
  1. Preparing some pre-made and ready to heat up meals for days when work has sucked the energy out of me.
  2. Keep moving – it energizes me and is absolutely vital to the process. Working at the office instead of home is a good first step – although that has been hard lately because of the ultra cold office temperature. But I am just going to have to come up with some keep warm clothing layering strategies.
  3. Set an alarm clock for bed time – almost every time I slip into a pattern of making unhealthy choices it stems from a very tired starting point. Going to set the alarm right now on my fitbit – and DONE.


No comments:

Post a Comment