Sunday, October 9, 2016

Thanksgiving


I am thankful for a great many things. I lead an extraordinarily lucky and privileged life. The accident of my birth has given me wonderful advantages. Sometimes, I think it is when we forget to be thankful for those things is when it is easiest for us to slip into a mindset that is not grateful. And, I firmly believe that mindset, for me at least, is one that is often accompanied by thoughtless eating in a hope to fill the space of some perceived shortcoming in our life.

Surrounded by family I enjoyed myself a lot. Chatted with the family I don't see nearly often enough. Laughing with them about any manner of things. That is the type of blessing that is not easily replaced (not even by cream cheese pumpkin rolls).

I am also blessed to have a body that was able to get up this morning and do a morning dance party and my  8 mins workout without any significant aches and pains.

Now as I sit here, a bit drowsy from overdoing it at the table. I don't feel any particular need to comment on my choices except that I could have stopped when I was full - and waited to have a bit more later. I am content and will go to bed tonight knowing I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment