Saturday, May 21, 2011

Neglected Yard - and the exercise it causes!

Well my poor yard has been woefully neglected for the last couple of years.  The weeds have gotten completely out of control. But this year I cancelled the tv and am intending to be out there for a little while several days a week to slowly but surely take back some of the territory from the ever encroaching quack grass.  Did one flowerbed today.  It is a pretty small one but before judging know that the dirt in it is closer to rock than dirt and almost completely overwhelmed by quack grass roots.  So there was a lot of work involved in getting it pretty much cleared out.

Haven't decided which of the far too many flowerbeds I will tackle next.  I think the area right behind the one I just did - near the rhubarb plant.  Would like to actually harvest some of the rhubarb this year for a crisp or something like that.  So wish me a productive next little while as I work on getting some of my yard back!

Just a small note on my last two mini goals
Fitness: Physio exercises.  I did not do well on this mini goal and see that I will need to go in to the physiotherapist and see if she can give me some prompting that will help me to get to it a bit better.  I obviously am not putting enough importance on it right now - maybe something she says will help.
Eating/Food: Mindful and slow eating.  This one was a bit hit and miss. I did well on it sometimes and other times I was back to old bad habits of wolfing down my food.  The one this week will hopefully help me to reinforce what I did learn on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment