Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Roll over frustrations and Basketball thwarted

Okay, so in Pilates I am now at the stage where I do really well doing the roll over starting from seated and then going into the rollover.  But I know that starting that way means I am still using a lot of momentum to accomplish the move - and I really want to move forward from there.  But I just can't seem to do it from the start with the legs extended in the air.  I don't know if it is just that I still don't have the muscles to accomplish it, or if I am just not quite doing the technique properly.  Whatever it is I am a bit frustrated.  Going to ask for some homework assignment in the hopes of getting myself there!

Bought a basketball today.  Always one of my favourite sports to play - not that I have played for many many years except for shooting a bit of hoops back 10 or 12 years ago now.  So I went over to the court in the local park but sadly there were guys already playing there - and I just wanted to shoot hoops.  Oh well, at least my arms got some good exercise as I dribbled the ball around a bit on the way home.  Since I am mentioning sports I enjoy, I really miss playing squash.  Definitely need to figure out how to get that back into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment