Friday, September 23, 2011

Delicious Veggie Supper

I admit I am a pretty dedicated carnivore.  I love to have meat with my supper especially.  But last night I was feeling a bit vegetarian.  I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up ingredients - but then once home wasn't feeling like cooking.  But thankfully nothing in the phone book to order looked appealing to me (guess I didn't want to undo my super workout from the morning - pilates followed by piloxing and preceded by a 20 minute walk).

So I used some olive oil and cooked up some onions, then I added in some red lentils and some little tiny black lentils that I had only had time to soak briefly.  Then some chickpeas and a lot of curry powder and one bouillon cube (which was even vegetarian).  I cooked that up adding more water as necessary for about 20 minutes or so until the black lentils were mostly cooked.  Then I scooped that mix into the two halves of a spaghetti squash and baked it for a half an hour.  It was delicious and very reasonable in the points department.

No comments:

Post a Comment