Friday, September 16, 2011

Thoughts and fears about just maintaining

So the last little while I have really started to see a big change in some parts of my body.  I am not terribly happy with how my skin is doing.  I feel like it is just looking not great and I worry that is a result of losing more quickly than the skin can handle. Which has had me seriously contemplating pausing in maintenance mode for a month or so.  But I worry a little bit that if I do take a pause in the weight loss process that I will have troubles getting back on track once I have given myself that bit of time.  I have seen too many great people I have met on the WW site who seem to have had something that got them off track and I never saw them again.

It is not that I am proposing stopping the program all together and I would definitely still be working out and getting in lots of activity and still be active on the site, but I just wouldn't be aiming at weight loss during the time period.  To me it sounds fine in theory, but I am concerned there is some nefarious deep subconscious saboteur lurking in there somewhere.  Maybe I should tweak my idea a bit and aim for slowed losses - I think I could easily do that just by regularly getting through all of my weekly points a bit more regularly (adding in a protein shake after a workout would get me through some of them for sure while also doing some good for my muscles).

Okay so you see the odd discussion process that goes on in my brain LOL.  There it is in action, talking myself into and out of a plan and instead looking for something that might compromise between the current and a significant change.  Will have to see whether that strategy does a good job at steadying out my pace a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment