Friday, April 18, 2014

Because I'm Happy

The power of a great, upbeat song.  Today before going to my run I was tired and seriously considering skipping it, it was cold out, I was tired blah blah blah you know the litany that can happen in the old noggin.

Well before going one of the wonderful lead pilates folks posted this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AmTJzoYfqE#t=111 and how could I not be impressed with the skill demonstrated, but also the joy that song can just bring out?

So, off I went to my run.  I went with the 2 minutes running and 1 minute walking group and that worked really well. Was doing fine, not really pushing myself a tonne but enjoying myself.  Then someone did something on the run, going near a statue or something that just brought the video and song to my mind.  So here I was right near the end of the run and that song came into my head and I was onto an awesome runner's high and I was going, carrying on even after our last 2 minute run stretch, and then I was zig zagging and just grooving along.  Felt great despite my frozen legs and rear end :)

Makes me happy because I am pretty sure I will be able to manage the 3 minutes and 1 minute next week! That is pretty exciting.  Not to mention that on the way home Debbie needed to stop at Safeway so I took the opportunity to shuffle along home - I ran most of that way as well (only a few blocks but still it was a nice bit of extra run).

But now it is late, my cocoa is almost done, I am going to roll out my quads and then off to beddy bye time.

No comments:

Post a Comment