Thursday, April 24, 2014

Consequence Free - NOT!

Had an awesome run with the Just Tri It crew today!  As I was coming home in the car Consequence Free by Great Big Sea was on the radio.  What a great song and I love the "All the rules are made for bending, and if I let my hair down would that be such a crime".  I don't really want to be consequence free, but making the choices to be free is fantastic, but I want the results of my actions to reflect those actions.

Really, I am just giving another listen to this song and it is no wonder I love it so much - a tonne of messages in it that I wish I had learned when I was young, and feel happy to be closer to them now as an adult.

Anyhow, enough philosophizing for today.  The run was great.  I was with the 3 minutes running and 1 minute walking group.  We did a bit over 3 kms today and it felt great.  Before the run we had a speaker who talked about good running form and cadence.  Had never considered cadence much before but the optimum is supposed to be somewhere between 168 and 190 I think she said.  We did a couple tests and unless I was counting incorrectly I am between 160 and 180 (first test I counted at 180, second at 160).  So that is pretty great since it gives me something to work on from a decent base.

I admit I absolutely didn't want to go for the run today, it was cold and spitty misty rain.  But boy am I ever glad I went.  The consequence of making a great choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment