Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Still Tri'ing It

This week was a great one on the triathalon front.  It was really great all around.  I wrote the other day about the run which was great.

Sunday - Swim
The breakthrough on the breathing plan really did pay off. We worked on endurance on our swim so I got to just work on getting my stroke a little better.  It felt much better just breathing on the one side, I had way fewer moments where I had to break out of my stroke to deal with needing to take a breath outside of the pattern. There were still some of those moments to be sure, but less than previously.  I think my next goal with the swimming is going to be keeping my arms in a bit closer, sometimes I feel they are winged out quite far to the sides.  Always good to have a next thing to work on.

Monday - Biking
I had really been kind of dreading this, don't love riding on the roads.  Thankfully we were riding in a place where there wasn't a lot of traffic.  And all I can say is that it was great.  I finally learned how to shift purposefully.  I always used to just kind of find a mid range difficulty of pedalling and just stuck with that - much easier when you actually shift to get benefit from the gear you are in!  I definitely could have ridden longer and farther.  Hopefully next week I will get a bit more riding distance in.  Maybe ride out to the meeting point???????

Tuesday - Off schedule run
An extra run?? Can I get a WHAT?  Yes that is right I opted to do a short little run on my own (well jog/walk - or jalk).  It was only say maybe 1.5Km, but it was a nice little bit of a run before supper time.  The fact I did it at all is a happy making moment for me.  I want to get myself at least close to being able to run the full 2K of the triathalon race and I won't get to that state if I don't do some additional runs beyond the ones on Thursday.  So this is a start.

Excellent training days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment