Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cutting Back

I know I often don't like thinking about things as cutting back, or restricting etc.  I rather think of ways to expand on their alternatives etc.  But I think in the face of some of my choices lately I want to think of restriction and cutting back a little bit.

First, is cutting back on the amount of screen time I am spending on non-productive endeavours.  TV watching and computer game playing I am looking at you!  Both those things have taken up a huge amount of my time lately and I really want to move away from that.  I have done really well on the computer game front already - having decided that a bit of time on weekends is all it gets from now on.  As for TV, with a cold/flu battering me around a bit I had been taking refuge in hours and hours of the boob tube (at least it is through Netflix so there are none of the toxic commercials I so despise).

But, excuse of cold or whatever I need to cut back.  So I have decided that one tv episode a day is the new limit.  I can also watch a couple of movies a week - haven't decided on a number yet but I am going to shoot for no more than 3.  That does not count any movies I might actually leave the house to see in a theatre, those are outings and as such will not count against me.

I will try to keep note of where I am at with this commitment to restriction over the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment