Monday, January 28, 2013

Pushing Myself

Today I did day one of week 5 of C25K - it has 3 5 minute duration runs.  Boy I can tell you I had to work for it today. Each one of those intervals of 5 minutes felt really long to me today - I wanted to slow down on all of them - not really because I was that tired in truth but mostly just because they seemed to be taking forever.

But I made it through, and I didn't slow down I kept up the pace I had set for them (which is quite frankly not very fast to begin with - it probably would have been hard to go much slower and still be jogging lol).

Tomorrow is day two of week 5 - and it has an eight minute interval I am going to try very hard to make it through that one without slowing down.  Day after is 20 minutes straight and I am still not sure how I will make it through that one LOL.

But one step towards doing well on those is that I am going to bed nice and early tonight so I can have the energy for that run!  And a little private dance party in the morning (I am going to start dancing for 2 or 3 songs each morning to get the blood pumping).

On to the next little victory, tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment