Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Fresh Starts, Fresh Foods

Well it has once again been a while since I wrote on here and I definitely see a connection between what is going on with my body fat and what I am doing in this area of things - the mental arena. When I start slacking off and not really giving thoughtful consideration to what I am eating and not writing about it, reading about it etc I start sliding backwards into old patterns of eating stuff that is unhealthy.

Recently I revisited a site someone had told me about a long time ago, it is the 100 days of real food site.  It has given me something to work on and something to consider, and it is certainly more in line with my thinking about food than some of the stuff that is part and parcel of the whole WW thing.  While I love that program in many ways and believe it helped me to get much healthier, there are just things about it that always did sit poorly with me (i.e. no fat dairy is a power food but regular real dairy is all points heavy).  Things like that just made me cringe, that is not something I believe and certainly don't think is good for them to promote.  That is why I am moving to this new way of looking at it.  I am going to work on this real food challenge, and try to hit as much of it as I can.  The local sourced stuff will be a challenge this first while since it is winter in Saskatchewan - can't get much local produce right now.  But for next year we will be much better set since I am going to have grown a bunch of stuff and will freeze and store it so that will help keep it more local.

My plan is also to post on here at least once a week to talk about how it is going, food and exercise because that is certainly still part of my plan - since along with the other stuff my activity has also slipped quite a bit.  But I am going to get back to the 5K progress (by the way I am going to restart on week 5 where I left off) and I am going to see if I can find a once a week squash partner because that seems like it would be one of the best ways for me to get back to some great fitness that is also a tonne of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment