Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reasons for Eating

I know last post I said I was going to talk about emotional eating and think about how I can reconcile that quote from yesterday with emotional eating.  But a related subject is in mind and I want to talk about it instead.

So yesterday the hubby brought home something from the bakery, it is a favourite of mine and they are really delicious.  But he brought home 4 of them (oh how I wish he had brought only one so I wouldn't have to talk about this lol).  These are a treat I love, they are from the local bakery so I know they aren't as loaded with crap as the stuff you get at the store etc.  But still loaded with sugar etc so not really a "real" food qualifier.  And I know this, and I know I really enjoy them, so what did I do, I ate 2 of them instead of just one for dessert and with the mindset of "I need to get rid of these so I can start fresh".  What kind of thinking is that????  This time is sure wasn't about pleasure or any of those great reasons from the quote.  Why do I say that - because I didn't savour those desserts that I love, I wolfed them down to get them gone.

Well it sure isn't eating for pleasure, community, etc but it is all about one of the negative side effects of the desire to eat healthy foods with the "nutritious" label stamped on.   With all things there is the flip side of the coin.  If I want to eat nutritiously on an ongoing basis it follows that I have to "end" my non nutritious eating ways - one way to do that - eat all the non nutritious stuff in the house so there is none left lol.  Sadly more always seems to show up.

Just had to write about this, I always think writing about something like this helps me to avoid making the same choice for the same reason another time.  So here is to eating for good reasons like pleasure more often going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment