Sunday, August 28, 2016

Just about a month

I am now nearing the month mark of working on a change in my lifestyle. So I thought today would be a great day to do a video (see it below if I manage to get it to work).

But I also wanted to do a bit of a recap of how things are going.

Activity

This borrowed image is exactly how I feel.


  • Morning Dance Party 12/22 days I have done it. 
  • Walking 10K steps - 198523/210000 - 13 days I hit the mark, 8 I didn't.
  • Yoga - Only got out to it 2 times since I started tracking. It is hard, I find every time my shoulder gives me some grief, each time we do triangle and my shoulder is on the edge of pain I want to retreat from it. But I will work through it, I know the downward dog etc we do there is good for it, it was part of my physio. I will just have to be very cognizant of shoulder position since the instructor has a big class and can't provide much correction.
  • Standing - I have to add a column to my tracker, but I would say I hit the 2 hour mark 2/3 of the days I worked at the office.
  • Sleep - this has been a very serious challenge and is a big part of the reason I haven't done as well as I would like on many of the other markers. It can be hard to motivate and spur myself on when I feel like I have barely slept or I wake up with a headache.


Eating


  • Home cooked - doing fairly well on this, again I don't have a column for it, so I will need to add one. I have eaten meals out a bit more than I wanted to, I think this is where some prep work will come in handy. If I have lots of stuff prepared and frozen, or at least set up to be easy the appeal for getting food out will be smaller. 
  • Fruit and Veg - I may have missed the odd tracking on this but about 8 days I hit the 5 servings mark, several others I was at 4, so still room for improvement here
  • Water - usually this is one of my easiest things. BUT, this leads us back to sleep up above, and perhaps a too much information moment. I was getting up SO many times in the night to go to the bathroom that I scaled back my water intake in the hopes of getting a decent night's sleep
  • Tracking - I have done it consistently although I did bundle an estimate a couple of times instead of details.


LOL and now I see that it is really only 3 weeks in. But I was looking at the start of September falling in this week and thinking it was a good time to do the recap. So here it is regardless of whether it is at the "month" mark or not.

Now for the video. Here is me doing some wall pushups because I know I would not be working with good and safe form if I tried them on the ground. I will always choose form first with any exercise. This is inspired by the people doing the 22 pushups for 22 days in support of first responders and veterans with PTSD. While I won't promise to do them every day, I like pushups as one of the video docs of my progress. Please try to ignore my clicking wrist (that is what I was trying to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment