Sunday, August 14, 2016

Tiredness thou art my enemy

... well tiredness and arrogance :). I kind of expected my "effortless" comment last blog to come back to bite me. I only wish I hadn't taken such a big bite of comeuppance, and pizza, and donuts. So I knew the birthday gathering was going to be a big point affair. And it was. But the plan had been to get back on track with lower point choices the next day.

Unfortunately I was so very tired that not only was it almost impossible for me to muster up the energy for the short walk I took with my nephews (didn't even hit my steps for the day). But it left me so tired that I just couldn't even think of making supper for me and the boys. The other thing is that I do find my cravings for unhealthy junk always goes through the roof when I am tired. So I ate more pizza and donuts than I should have.

Today feels much more back on track though. And I am just about at my 10K steps (thanks to my sister's treadmill which I really enjoyed) and then a walk once I was home. I think I might need to do a bit of looking for a treadmill. I could see myself using it regularly. But for right now I will just feel happy to be back on track and ready for a new week.

Other insights:
I have found myself dwelling on the scale results way too much. So I have decided that I will only weigh in once a month when I do my photos. If I need to do a bunch of analysis I can always look through my tracking file and look for trends in behaviours etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment