Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Huge Success?

I have been Wii, Wii, Wiiing all the way home.  Well technically I guess I have been Wii, Wii, Wiiing at home.  Just about a month ago I got a Wii and Wii fit plus as an advance present for my big 40.  I had tried it out at my sister's place and really enjoyed it.  So knowing that I don't really like the whole "go to the gym and exercise" thing I was hoping this would be an enjoyable alternative to that.  And it has been!

While my first month has not seen me lose a tonne of weight (just 4.4 pounds) it has been a great discovery process.  I have zigzagged all over the place on improving my eating habits in conjunction with using the Wii fit almost every day.  And what I have discovered is that those dirty old night time snacking habits are the most certain way for me to see an upward spike in my weight chart.  It seems like regardless of how good or bad I have done during the day with my food choices, the one that seems to currently be making all the difference is the after 8:00 eating choices.  When I don't eat after 8 I go down in weight, if I eat anything more than an apple slice after 8:00 my weight goes up.  And the more I eat late the more it goes up.

So my goal for right now is to just avoid those late night snacks and see how I do.  At some point I am sure that will no longer be enough for me to concentrate on but I can't wii, wii, wii, all the way home if I don't start out with some first steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment