Saturday, July 9, 2011

Clarifying and shaping the language and understanding of this journey

On the WW site there is a general trend to calling this process a journey.  I do believe it is a journey, but not to a fixed destination - rather it is a lifelong journey of self exploration and improvement.

The term journey got me thinking.  When I think of a journey - I think of great things like holidays or vacations where I get to see new sights, explore new things, and generally have a great time.  And I think to some degree I was thinking of that kind of thing with this fitness and health journey but hadn't really captured it in words.  So, this journey it strikes me is like a lifelong vacation from my old unhealthy lifestyle that I didn't enjoy, and that was making me unhappy and unhealthy.

This journey is one of new sights - I have been seeing more places in my walking ventures as well as seeing a lot more of a few places that are good for me (fitness studios etc).  Other sites include the site seeing of the changes to my body (as evidenced by my pictures and that I see when I look at myself in the mirror).

Exploring new things is definitely a big part of this.  The biggest exploration is my own internal exploration - really getting into my own brain and my feelings and exploring my motivations, my challenges and what things work and don't work for me.  The exploration of new and different foods has been a part of it.  It has been an exploration of a strong, positive, and inspired and maybe even occasionally inspiring part of myself.  I have been loving the process of building connections with people in the online community and really love exploring my role in it as supporter and support seeker.

Having a great time is definitely part of it.  I love doing my pilates and really and truly enjoy it.  I enjoy the great and delicious foods I get to eat each and every day. I really enjoy the new energy levels my healthy eating has given me.  Those are all parts of having a great time on this journey and I really look forward to many more of them.  But I am really enjoying the slow but steady transformation of me and my outlook, and appreciating that I am a person who can look at my target ahead with an absolute and positive confidence in my ability to reach it.  I enjoy seeing myself as that person and that is the best time ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment