Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tabata - up one interval!

Back a while ago I first wrote about tabatas.  I did one and then hadn't really come back around to doing them again until today.  I did my second one today and actually did one more interval than I had done the first time I tried it out.  To anyone who might actually read this and doesn't know a tabata is a 20 second interval of super high intensity aerobic activity (I run in place) that should get you panting level of work, followed by 10 seconds of low activity. Repeat this 8 times for a tabata. The first time I was only able to do 3 intervals.  This time I thought I was going to have to stop after 3 but I kept going and did the 4th one although the last 3 or 4 seconds of it I was slowing down already.

It is funny I know how silly it sounds to find what amounts to 2 minutes of exercise really hard - but I suggest that you try it out to see!  The benefit they say is the anaerobic burning of calories after this type of workout is done.  And honestly I feel like I can feel it.  There is a sensation in my core that feels like my body is continuing to work.  Maybe I am just imagining it - but I don't think so, I actually believe it has stimulated something to keep going on in there!

Will have to see how long it will take me to improve to another full interval!

No comments:

Post a Comment