Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Next Step!

Okay so I have been going on for quite a while now with basically having reduced my activity levels down to just my classes at the pilates studio and regular short stints of walking with the odd other thing thrown in.  However, I am feeling very ready to start taking it back up a notch.  Back to something like I was doing at the early stages of this blog (where I was working out on my wii pretty much every day along with the other stuff I have listed here).

I think that because my weight loss was going well and I was satisfied with how my body was shaping up I was content. But now I am seeing that I would like to pick up the pace on getting some toning done in various areas of my body in the hopes that it will help them look better as the remaining fat whittles down a bit more and because the exercise will help with the skin recovering.  But I also am feeling like my cardio is really ready to get to a better stage.  And I can tell you that I feel like that Jacob's Ladder at the gym at work is really such a great way for me to improve that (and with a reasonable amount of time).

Last but not least I am starting to think about my next assessment. And I honestly don't think I have changed much from there. Certainly not as much as I was capable of changing. So that is where I would like to go as well - to working on getting a better result for my body composition and fitness assessment the next time I have one.  I think maybe a two month goal for that is reasonable.

So here is what I am thinking to achieve in that two months:
1. 30 minutes on the Jacob's ladder done with intervals of speeding up and slowing down
2. Push ups improve from 24 to 35
3. Plank improve from last assessment 83 seconds to 103 seconds

I am hoping this will take me from the aerobic health result of good to very good.

That is the goal setting.  My desire is to get over to the gym at least 2 times a week to go on the Jacob's ladder.  And I will keep doing the Wii as I am really enjoying it and it is adding in extra exercise time on the days when I am not going to a class.  Plus, now that it is getting pretty nice out I am going to start doing my bus and walk to pilates way again.  I have been taking the truck more often than I like for that and so this will be good as I will not only do something better for me but also save money and reduce my carbon footprint. Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment