Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Usernames

It is interesting - I look at the usernames that people choose and I wonder what that tells us about them.  I used to use crystalized - but then I discovered in myself the idea that I much preferred crystalizing - ized just seems to kind of imply that I am done, while izing makes me feel like a work in progress.  I like the latter much better! Plus it gives great shortened versions like I used for this blog czing - just like seizing, seizing the day!!!

There are all kinds of different types and I have noticed that there seem to be a lot of them that identify themselves based on familial relationships (mom, grandma seem to be the two most popular).  Lots that of course use something based on their own name (case in point - me). And then there are also quite a few that choose something based on their profession.  Lest we forget there are also many with names based on their pets in some way.

So it makes me wonder how much people identify with their usernames?  Just a thought I am having and wondering about.  Anyone with any insights - I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment