Monday, February 13, 2012

Fun but famishing

Well yesterday my presence at the pool was commanded by my 2 young nephews.  They were off to the pool and it is a rare occasion when I can resist the call of my nephews asking me to play with them.  That is something I will always thank my drama classes for (I am no actress it is sure but they did force me to remember what it is like to play and to let go of some of those ridiculous worries about what others might think if I show a bit of playful enthusiasm) opening my eyes back up to the fun of play.

I think that everyone should just go out and play and have fun and I don't mean play like an adult (cards or something like that) I mean play. Run around wildly with no intent in mind or go to the park and swing until you feel like you are going to throw up, or whatever.  Just free yourself from all those constraints and ties we put on ourselves and just go for it.  I would wish that everyone would be able to experience the fun and freedom of doing that!

Now with that said I had lots of fun at the pool with my nephews. I am very proud that I encouraged my one nephew to be brave and let go of me and float around without hanging onto one of us.  Kids need that encouragement to try the "safe risks" sometimes.  It is fundamental to their development of problem solving skills.

But after the pool time was over I arrived home absolutely famished and tired tired tired. What is it about the pool that does that to me? But was it worth it - absolutely and unquestionably. I would take that kind of tired and hungry any day over tired and hungry following a day chained to my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment