Saturday, June 11, 2011

ONEderland in site - can almost taste it

I am now very close to saying good-bye to the 200's forever!  Just 0.6 of a pound away now.  So that will be a great milestone to reach!  I am looking forward to it and I am tasting forward to it.  I really wonder where the saying "I can almost taste it" or the saying "the sweet taste of victory" come from.  There are a few different types of sayings linking success and taste.  So I thought I would like to explore that idea a little bit.

The taste I am associating with this first really big goal (the 199 mark) is the taste of fresh ripe cherries that are nice an firm and crunch when you bite into them.  A great summertime taste to go with the accomplishment of this goal!  I also want to add another taste and that is the taste of a refreshing cool glass of water after a great pilates class.  Both of those tastes are the tastes of victory at getting to my current goal. Think I might have to set some new ones once I am shooting for the next goal after that (50 pounds).

Now for a few tastes I am definitely not going to associate with this - the overly sweet ice cream I had last night - and am just thinking of who I could give the rest of the container to so it is out of the house since I didn't enjoy it that much and I would really like to avoid that thing where I eat things I don't really like that much.  It is also not the taste of cheezies which I really wanted last night but couldn't find one of those really small size bags of them - so I didn't have them.  I suspect I would eat one of them and just find them hideous anyway so I am not sure why I want to have them.

Well I think it is a good time for a walk - maybe see if I can go over and be crazy aunty to my nephews ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment