Sunday, February 6, 2011

Buffet Challenge

Today was a dangerous thing.  The brunch buffet.  My old mindset was that when you go to a buffet you stuff as much food down your gullet as you possibly can to make it worth the price.  I was really quite worried that I hadn't sufficiently moved away from that mindset to be okay at a buffet.

What I did to make it a success - and it was.
Day before: I really did some posting/chatting on the WW boards and with my WW buddy to help me reframe my thinking about the buffet.  I wanted to change my mindset to look at the food at the buffet as quality over quantity - and especially to look to the things I don't have/make at home rather than things I can easily make on my own.

Day of:  Before my Pilates class this morning I had a good low point decent protein breakfast with hummus and avocado on toast.  Figured this would get me through my Pilates without being starving afterwards when I got to the buffet.  Also made sure I drank lots of water.  Then I used my reframed thinking at the buffet. Both those reframed ways of thinking stood me in good stead at the buffet as I walked past a number of items I would normally have filled up on, because I can have them at home.  Instead I picked out the things that I considered extra special items and worth the points I would spend on them.  But only after I filled over half my plate with salad and veggies.  Admittedly my day ended up a bit high on the meats and a bit low on the whole grains/carbs.  But I am okay with that once in a while.

And even doing good I know that I learned a couple things as well when I entered my foods.  Next time I am at that buffet I will make even better choices!

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
Playing with nephews 30 45

No comments:

Post a Comment