Friday, February 11, 2011

Essentrics

Today I tortured myself most vilely with an Essentrics class.  Not really, but it certainly was an excruciatingly challenging workout for the arms and shoulders especially.  Did the class at http://leadpilates.com/ and I can certainly recommend it as an excellent full body workout.  My arms, legs, abs etc all got a good workout.  And like the instructor Chrissy said (and I believe her) this is a type of workout that never gets really easy, it just gets more challenging as you get more in shape and can provide more resistance and more lengthening for yourself.

The girls at the pilates studio were quite happy to see that Essentrics has been picked by Shape magazine as one of the best new fitness trends.  It is just starting to hit LA and New York and these girls have been doing it for a while now.  So I thought I would just give them a little pat on the back for recognizing the value.

I think the big thing with the workout is that you are working muscles with them in the lengthened position and we are definitely not used to that - so it makes for a pretty big challenge.

Have missed a few days on the blog here because I have had a cold but I have been trying to keep up some activity levels despite it.  Yesterday I did some strength and my routine on the wii fit.  Wednesday I just did some walking.  So it has been a slow workout week for me but hopefully I will get over this cold nice and quick and get back at it.

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
Essentrics 50

No comments:

Post a Comment