Thursday, February 17, 2011

Step Aerobics the new headache cure :-)

Woke up this morning with a good solid headache going on.  Drank a half a glass of water and tried to get back to sleep.  I know the headache is a result of not having enough water yesterday combined with going to bed too late.  So no one to blame but myself.  After a while of a mostly fruitless attempt to get back to sleep for a little while I got up and had some more water.  Didn't want to work out though - thought very seriously about having a day off.

But I snapped myself out of it and hit the ea sports active for a half hour of step aerobics (with warm up and cool down).  The combo of that workout and about 6 glasses of water by 11 o'clock and the headache was gonzo.

Oddly today during my step I couldn't seem to get my heart rate to stay up where it normally is during the step.  I had decided to hold the second remote in my hand with the sensor in it so maybe that had some impact on the sensors measuring ability.  At any rate I felt like I was working just as hard as normal so it was a great workout regardless of heart rates!

Yesterday was Pilates class in the morning.  There are some moves I am really starting to feel very good at and others I am just catching myself in my body's cheats to make them easier.  Chrissy suggested thinking of a couple of the core pilates principles while doing the class yesterday and I picked flow and precision.  I think precision was not a great choice for me in some ways because I get a bit too judgmental of myself when I watch for it and I think it actually reduces the quality of my workout in some ways.  Flow I think I would like to continue to work on since I love the opportunity to move in smooth graceful ways and know I can improve on it - and I think without too much self judgement!

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
Warm up and cool down 19
Walking 15 (yesterday)
33 50(yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment