Monday, March 21, 2011

I Feel Fabulous

Maybe it is the result of the pants shopping yesterday combined with a super hard workout this morning where I pushed myself extra hard on at least one of the sprints.  But I feel really incredible.  Just an awesome natural high.  Add on an absolutely delicious breakfast of steel cut oats cooked with a banana and topped with greek yogurt and I am in a little tiny spot of heaven right now.

Was just reading up about Tabatas.  The idea is basically a 4 minute series of 20 seconds of super high intensity activity followed by 10 seconds of low intensity or moderate intensity - repeat 8 times for a total of 4 minutes.  There was a study that showed that this type of a workout creates anaerobic results in the body (basically it causes the body to continue burning calories at an increased rate for an extended period of time after the workout).  I know I am not fit enough to do a full routine of this yet.  But I am going to target this as something new to add into my fitness regimen.   I do feel like the easports active workouts I am doing have a small element of this type of interval work to them.  So that is great as a stepping stone for me to get to the tabatas (would start with less than 8 intervals of it).  But I want to find a routine that I feel good about doing and that I know I can push myself with. So I am going to do some youtube searches for ones that are body weight only (I don't want to do this with weights since I watched a few videos of people doing them with weights and I could clearly see how their form was all over the place and how much work they were shifting to their lower backs).  Will update here as I find ones that I think would be good to use.

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
  30

No comments:

Post a Comment