Sunday, March 20, 2011

Resistance to change

I like to think of myself as being pretty good with change - most of the time.  But today I had one of those moments were I wasn't that good with it - but it is nice that it gave me a good opportunity to reflect and look at my reaction.

Today's pilates class there was a different instructor - one I haven't had before.  I almost felt like I was doing a completely different thing - just the different modifications to the exercises and different queues for them etc.  So it is interesting how used we get to certain things without even realizing it.  I know that it is actually really good for my body to have the changes to the routine and after I thought about it for a few minutes as I left class I was okay with it.  But I admit that there were a couple minutes after the class where I just felt like I hadn't liked the class that much.  It is times like this that I am very glad that I have grown up to be a pretty reflective person, that I am not scared to look inward and examine my feelings and reasons for those feelings.  Because now I am sitting here thinking it was a good class - that I can feel the work in different ways than I normally do.

My abs are sitting here feeling like they have worked and I love that!  Plus after class today I wanted to go try on a size 16 pant (since when I started out I was generally in an 18 or 20 with an occasional 22).  My current batch of pants are fitting pretty loose and need to be belted - but I thought 16 might still be a little bit ambitious.  Well colour me completely surprised when I got myself a size 15 that fits great right now and a size 13 that are pretty tight right now but do go on (they are stretchy ones).  So I got myself another pair of 13s as well that aren't stretchy - they don't quite do up right now but they were on at a real cheap sale price so I decided to get them as a nice little target pant.  It feels absolutely fantastic to have changed in size so much in this first little while.  Here is to finding these pants too big for me in the not too distant future!

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
  50

No comments:

Post a Comment