Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Leg Strength

Tomorrow morning I have a physiotherapy appointment to learn what I can do to improve the strength in my knee (which was repaired many years ago but which I never effectively restrenghtened).  Today during my pilates class it was so obvious to me just how weak that leg really is.  Today during the side leg series we did a new move and I did it with my left side first and did relatively well with it I thought (you bring your leg forward, then grab the foot and come back into a quad stretch, then swing the foot back and your arm forward).  But when I did it on my right side it was incredible how much less able I was to do the move with that leg.  The range I could cover in the movement was a very small fraction of what I could do with the other side - because I simply don't have the strength in that leg to support the work.

So needless to say I am extremely happy to be going to physio in the hopes that I can find an effective way to get back some of the strength in that leg.

Also I started up the 9 week program on the EA Sports Active so for right now I will classify that at My Routine in the table below.  The first two workouts of the program were good and my knees are feeling okay with the work so far.  It was good work though as a few of my muscles were definitely feeling it today - the glutes were sore for sure!

Other Strength My Routine Step Pilates
 10 walking 24 yesterday
20 day before
50

No comments:

Post a Comment