Monday, January 24, 2011

Accentuate the Positive

Most of this blog is about transforming my physical, but today I also did an exercise in transforming my internal/mental side.  Today I made an effort to make sure I was conscious of my internal dialog.  I made a point of trying to write down the positive and the negative things that I was thinking.  Now it is later in the day and I have my negative and positive lists with me and I am going to ritually destroy the negative list.  Negative self talk doesn't really have a place in my life anymore.  I am ready to leave it behind me.

The amount of energy I have spent on negative internal dialog could be so much better spent on positive internal dialog - so that is my goal from here on out.  The past is behind me and I fully intend to embrace the present and look to the future while valuing the lessons I have learned in the past but letting go of the guilt or other things that tend to draw me into those negative self talk cycles.

And since the title of this post brings that song to mind I encourage everyone (if anyone ever has even read my blog ;-) to go and search out this song and listen to a couple different renditions - seems like there are a dozen or more that I found.

Just so I don't leave today without some mention of the physical I did my wii fit routine with the 8 minutes in the morning strength training and a 20 minute step aerobics on the EA Sports Active with a 9 minute cool down.  Plus a walk to work and back.  Interestingly on my walk home I realized that I probably need to step up my aerobic portion of my working out as I can see I still have room to improve my cardiovascular endurance.  So I am going to try to include more of the aerobics into my workout each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment