Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pilates

Today I got a little taste of Pilates.  Went and met with the owner of a new Pilates studio in the city http://www.leadpilates.com/ and she was great.  We just chatted for a while about Pilates and then she went through some of the "warm up" stuff they do in their beginner pilates mat classes.  It was really nice to get an intro like that and I signed up for classes right away.  The studio was lovely and I felt very comfortable there.  I am really looking forward to getting started with the classes.

It is interesting I think I am pretty comfortable with controlling my breathing (at least to some extent) because I have taken yoga in the past and have maintained some consciousness of those breathing techniques.  The breathing in Pilates is different - the exhalation is through the mouth rather than the nose and that will take me a little bit of getting used to.

I don't know if I can get across just how pumped I am about starting this.  Wish it was closer to home but am certainly fine with going there for it because I know how amazing it is going to be for me!  I opted to have a private session on Thursday then my first class is on Friday.  YAY me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment