Monday, January 17, 2011

Positivity Reigns Supreme

I honestly can't think of anytime in my life where I felt as positive as I do right now.  It feels like I have flipped a switch inside and turned on the positive energy pulse.  It is surprising how easy it is to find the positive in so many different things.  This isn't to say that I don't still have moments of negative or other feelings but overwhelmingly I have made the decision to be positive.  The key I think is that I feel like I have taken control of my life.  And I am finally bringing together all of the things that I have been reading and learning about being healthy together and acting on them.

Tomorrow I am going out to try out pilates.  I have wanted to try it for such a long time and now I finally am going to give it a shot.  And I am positive I will learn something from the experience.

Yesterday I walked to my sister's place in the cold (minus 29 with the wind) and the walk really wasn't too bad at all.  The wind was at my back for 95% of the walk and what I thought about was that these winter walks with heavy clothes, a scarf across my face, and heavy boots on my feet will just make the spring and summer walks without those things just a breeze.  Yesterday I also really recognized the energy benefits of making great food choices not just being within my points on the WW plan. I didn't make the best choices - in particular was short on the veggies.  And I was amazed at how that negatively impacted my energy levels last night.

Today the wii workout and the 8 minutes in the morning exercises went quite well and did a great job of loosening up my back which was a bit tight this morning.  Am continuing to be quite pleased with this combination of the two workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment