Sunday, January 9, 2011

Butt muscles rejoice - or continue to cry

Oh goodness gracious that ea sports active workout just kills me.  Definitely could feel the burn in those glutes.  It is certainly a much harder workout than the wii fit plus and pushes me decidedly harder.  I am a little concerned about my form on a number of the exercises though - because I am really pretty out of shape I feel like maybe I am not doing them very correctly.

Just got up to get a glass of water and the quads are feeling the burn as well.  But back to what I was saying.  I know my form on a couple of the exercises is less than stellar - so that is something I will definitely need to work on.  The only other thing is that I do find the tracking on a couple of the exercises to be very bad and that is part of what is stimulating some of the bad form from me as I try to get my rep to register as a rep.  But enough blaming the game - I will carry on trying to improve my form.

I am working on doing the Cardio Kickstart program in the active and it requires 4 days a week to complete it fully and those days are set as Sat, Sun, Tues, Thurs.  So these are the elements of the plan:
EAS2: Cardio Kickstart program workout
Wii: My routine (a combo of yoga and strength moves 28 - 30 mins), plus aerobics (hula hoop, step aerobics, rhythm boxing, basic run) - enough to hit my 190 cal goal for the day
8 mins: 2 different strength training exercises at 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps each

Calendar:
Sunday: EAS2, Wii
Monday: Wii, 8 mins
Tuesday: EAS2, Wii
Wednesday: Wii, 8 mins
Thursday: EAS2, Wii
Friday: Wii, 8 mins
Saturday: EAS2, Wii

It is a great start for me.  I feel like it will push me pretty hard and help to get me to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment