Saturday, January 29, 2011

Purple Star

Well I am very happy that I made my purple star today (which is an additional 5 pounds - so I got it for losing 10 pounds in total).  I took a look at my weigh in chart on the wii fit from when I started using the wii fit until now.  Before starting WW in January there was a very slight downward trend but the slope of the line was very shallow indeed.  Then at the start of WW the line of weigh in dots takes a decided turn downwards with a much steeper slope.  So I am glad of the good little kick start.

At the same time I do want to level out a bit here so I was happy to see a smaller loss today.  I would like to see the weight loss between the start and the time I hit my goal weight to average out to somewhere between 1.5 and 2 pounds a week.  That seems to me to be a really good pace for losing. I think any faster than that and I don't know how my skin will respond - whether it will bounce back well etc.  Plus I want my body to be losing fat not fat and muscle.  I want to be building those nice calorie burning muscles!

That is why I am going to try really hard to keep including my 8 minutes in the morning strength training exercises at least 4 times a week. Plus I think that the pilates is also good at building muscles.  So I am going to set out a new plan of action and we will see how it goes.

Week
Strength training (8 minutes in the morning) - 4 times per week
Wii Fit Plus My Routine (yoga and strength) - 4 times per week
Wii Fit Plus EA Sports Active (step aerobics) - 3 times per week
Pilates or Accessory classes - 3 times per week

To help monitor this I will add in a little table to each of my posts

Strength My Routine Step Pilates
Minutes 10 24 44

No comments:

Post a Comment