Monday, January 31, 2011

Another day of rest already???

Achy knee and cold weather grrrrrrrrr. So today is going to be a very light day. I am not actually planning to do anything except perhaps my strength training today - and having a bit of a slow start at getting to it. So I will get off of here for now and go and get my butt moving the little bit that it is going to move today LOL.

**Edit** I also did a few pilates foundation moves, plus some pilates breathing. Also added in a few minutes of different stretches and this one stretch/exercise that I have made up. I combine a figure 4 stretch with bending and straightening the supporting leg. I actually find it is a pretty good little move. The figure 4 stretch really gets to that lower back and glutes right where I always really need to stretch them. And what I find is that the dynamic of the stretch changes depending on what position my supporting leg is in. So what I do is move it through the range of motion from 90 degree bend (kind of chair positioning from pilates) and then I straighten it out (pointing into the air). I repeat this several times and find the stretch of the glutes is awesome but I also feel that since I use my pilates breath while doing it that I am getting a bit of ab work in while I do it as well.

Strength My Routine Step Pilates
Minutes 10

No comments:

Post a Comment