Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Choices

Wow sometimes there is a lightning bolt of realization that is really amazing.  As I have been on WW I have really not had any amount of refined sugar in any format until last night when I ate two chocolate coated cookies.  I had room for them in my day's points so that was okay - maybe not the best choice I have made in my life but it was okay.  Until maybe an hour or so later when I just felt really glum and it was a startling realization to me that I hadn't felt like that at all since beginning the healthy eating I have been doing on WW.  All I can say is that I blame it on the sugar.

I know all kinds of reasons why all the refined sugars are so bad for us and what they can do to us.  I knew all those things in my head on an academic kind of level. But last night I knew it in my gut - I really got it on a deeper level.  And I know that this new level of understanding will definitely be useful to me as I continue on this journey of improving my health by improving my eating habits.

On the physical side - yesterday I was tired and feeling kinda lethargic and so I ended up doing a workout for the pick me up that it provides.  Not a gigantic one but it was enough.  But I am firmly committed to giving myself a break on Thursday - just walking to and from work - no other workouts.  Today is Pilates class so I can't make today the day off ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment