Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scales

The scales have fallen from my eyes, weighing in on the issue, scales of justice, libra scales

Just a few of the scales things I could think of off the top of my head.  On that note it is kind of funny to me that I never had a scale obsession seeing as I am a libra - but perhaps it is because I was always occupied with the imaginary scale in my mind balancing different options and paths to take - until I would get sick of trying to find the side that looked best and simply jumped in the direction of whichever thing felt "rightest" at the time.

Anyhow back to actual scales for weighing the Kgs or Lbs of ones own self.  There was a post on the WW discussion board about how often to weigh yourself and it got me back to thinking about that topic again.  And I had a bit of an insight - the scale doesn't really matter at all if you can actually tell what is going on with your body.  When I was young, skinny and active I didn't need a scale to tell me that I was young, skinny and active.  Likewise as my weight started to increase I didn't need a scale to tell me what was happening.

But, I do think that the weekly weigh in now will help to serve the purpose of giving me some idea of the impact of my efforts.  I am not sure that I will always do a weekly weigh in - actually let me rephrase that, I KNOW I will not always do a weekly weigh in.  When (and it was really hard not to write IF there) I reach my target I will very definitely decrease the number of weigh ins I will do - hopefully by that time I am not so shamefully addicted to the scale that I can't get aweigh from it (lol look at me writing bad puns).

No comments:

Post a Comment