Saturday, January 22, 2011

Raves!!!!

Today is a day all about raves.  I already wrote most of this on a WW message board but I feel it is definitely worth repeating.

Greek yogurt - where has this treasure been hiding all my life????  Who needs cheesecake when you can have this?  I can't believe how delicious it is. Now I just tried it and I did try the full fat version but it is so incredible that I would think even a lower fat version would be great.  Definitely on my permanent shopping list!!!

And here is a rave you probably wouldn't expect after how I talked about the EA Sports Active 2 being too hard for my knees.  Well I finally did up a workout of my own that was a warm up and 30 minutes of step aerobics followed by a cool down.  And it was simply awesome!  I loved it.  And I definitely see myself going in there much more often to do step aerobics for my cardio part of my workouts.  Also I found the little "game" style exercises as well - I am not quite sure how I missed them before - oh well I see them now and am looking forward to making up a few workouts with them as well.

Third and maybe most important PILATES - it really is my new best friend.  My class yesterday was great but the real treasure is the breathing.  Today as I was doing the step aerobics my butt on the left side started to get really tight and on the edge of cramping up.  I stretched it out between the step sections and then integrated a bit of the pilates breathing into the rest of the workout.  I suspect the breathing just activated my core a bit and helped to keep me more balanced in my effort between the two sides - and that relieved the problems.

I feel so amazingly awesome right now after my workout and my time to appreciate some of the amazing things I am finding both to fuel my body (yogurt) and to gain more awareness and fitness in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment