Friday, January 7, 2011

My measuring cup is feeling the love

I have never used my measuring cup so much as I have the last few days since I have joined weight watchers.  I wonder if it feels loved and useful?  And I wonder if it came to life like in Beauty and the Beast what song it would sing?  I suspect it would sing Tired of Toeing the Line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBwbdRuKPc - and this video is an awesome trip back to the early 80s.

On the workout front I tried out the EA Sports Active 2 yesterday and I can't say that I fell immediately in love with it - maybe I am not quite ready for it yet.  Although the biggest problem for me was my inability to effectively tie the resistance band to the straps - it kept coming apart in the middle of the exercises.  Finally used my brain and tied it on using a different method so that it won't come off.  Will give it a shot again on Saturday.

And my strength training today had me doing this exercise where you put your heels up on a chair and then lift your butt up into the air (works the hamstrings).  And boy those little hammies felt the burn today.  Had no idea they were so out of condition.  They were always the one muscle area I felt had retained some measure of strength and flexibility during the pound and sediment creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment